Friday, March 24, 2006
Death and Taxes
Someone a whole lot smarter than me said the definition of insanity is, doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. I have 1040 insanity. I tried filling my taxes on-line and the result was that I owed "THE MAN" a little over a thousand dollars. Thinking that can't be right I tried it the old fashioned way. Walked into the post office and picked up the booklet and forms needed to file the 1040. Not the 1040 EZ mind you but the full length form. I dusted off my calculator, sharpened my #2 pencil, and cleared my desk. After a few hours of sifting through W2's, 1099int's, if X=Y then proceed to step 2a fill out form 1888 and schedule D, yadda, yadda, yadda. I finally finished and to my surprise came up with the same amount. Alas I was still not convinced. So I went to the IRS Website and found one of their recommended sites. Third times a charm, right? Well...Right...More like three strikes yer out! Once again the same sum. So I conceded, the clouds came in The rain came down. This was THE RAINY DAY. There goes my rainy day fund...Oh well time to start saving again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Have you ever tried the beer of the same name? It's a stout. Moonlight Brewing company. Have a taxless weekend, rain is better than drought?
dude, sorry that you have to pay. that sucks!
Post a Comment