Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 27, 2006

Who R U

"...the Caterpillar took the hookah out of its mouth, and addressed her in a languid, sleepy voice. 'Who are You?' said the Caterpillar...Alice replied, rather shyly, "i-i Hardly know, sir, just at prestent- at least I know who i was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'" --Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol



Hearing about a movie called "Unknown white male" about a photographer who gets amnesia, got me to thinking. the eternal Question...Who Are WE? What if you woke up and don't remember who you are?



Who am I...I am a sum total of all the decisions and choices I have made up till this point. All Those past choices are stored in my subconsious mind as Memories. All The memories I have are what Inform current choices. i.e. I may not touch a hot stove because I have a subconcious memory of getting burned.



So what happens when one gets amneshea and dosen't remember any thing, their likes dislikes, style of clothes or music? does that "other person" even exist anymore? Is it possible to be a different person from one day to the next?



WHO ARE YOU???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you ever wonder what you take with you when you go to Heaven? If who you are is all in your brain, what does your soul have? This question has been on my BRAIN for a while. I guess God doesn't have a brain. It's just all so unfathomable.

AJ

Karyn said...

I love your posts. They always make me think. I want to go see that movie now too!
Karyn

Anonymous said...

I work therfore I am. I eat therefore I am. I am not THE I AM< however i am.