Thursday, December 30, 2004
I'm sorry the person You are trying to reach has been temporarily disconnected...
well a couple of weeks ago I lost my cell phone, having no "land-line" there is only three ways to contact me: e-mail, "snail mail", or just drop by. This at first created some what of a paradox...I fell this sort of freedom, not having to be constantly "connected' yet a bit of Anxiety also, what if there is an emergancy, really great news (like some one getting engaged), what if they need me to cover a shift at work...thats when it hit me. This is in a small way an asocial rebellion against this age of the internet and consistant connection. society always has to be "on". The cord has been cut. I am free from the control of a wireless wired society. But occationaly, I still feel need to "reach out a touch someone" and regardles if I use the phone or not I still have to pay the bill...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hey nate! so... you found the cell phone-less world a bit freeing, eh? have you been re-connected to the matrix yet? :)
if so... call your friend HOLLY!
Post a Comment